Monday, February 8, 2016

Prayers

You know how I said this world was a mess?  Well, I meant it.  It still is.  Since I wrote that post just last week, a young boy of 11 has gone to be with Jesus, ending his earthly battle with cancer.  A mother lost a son, sisters lost a brother, brother lost a brother.  My precious friend Alyssa is facing her third major brain surgery today, at the young age of 13.  She is a fighter, and a lover of people.  She is nothing short of amazing.  I have a family member in the hospital with an infection.  He's improving greatly, but will still spend several days battling to rid his body of the infection that had moved in.  He's strong and he is blessed by a loving family. So much pain and struggle.

I find myself uttering lots of little prayers to God lately.  Not longer prayers surrounded by quiet, but small, silent prayers lifted throughout my days.  God hears them just the same.  And the pain and struggle around me send me straight to the Father.  He is the one who comforts and provides hope through all of these situations.  Our family prays together also.  I am hopeful that my children understand that when things seem to be spiraling out of control, and when the mess keeps getting messier, that they will always.always.always turn to Jesus.  I want prayer to be their first response in good or bad.  Every.single.time.

What about you?  Is there suffering and pain in your life or in the lives of those you love?  I hope you know where hope and comfort are found, and that you are talking with the Father, the Great Healer, the Comforter each and every day.


2 comments: